Microsoft Office is the office suite par excellence, known and used worldwide, it is estimated that more than 500 million users use Office on a monthly basis. However, when it comes to purchasing this software, many users have doubts about which version is best suited to their workflow.
Microsoft Office is a daily companion both at home and in the office, so depending on the functions and tools you need, you should buy Microsoft Office Pro Plus 2021 or Microsoft Office 2021 Standard.
We will analyse both types of licences, in their perpetual (one-time payment) and LTSC (Long Term Servicing Channel) versions available in volume.
Tools and Functionality available in Microsoft Office 2021 Professional Plus and Standard
The basic functions, tools and applications found in both versions of the suite.
Office Standard 2021 (LTSC)
This version consists of basic features for businesses that require desktop applications of the suite for PCs.
- We will have the classic versions of the Office applications installed on a PC or MAC computer (although MAC has its own specific version of Office 2021 Standard): Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Teams, and Publisher (the latter, for PC only, would not be available in the MAC version).
- OneNote: access to additional OneNote features.
- Web versions of Word, OneNote, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Group Policy allows administrators to control computers and user accounts.
- Administrators can deploy software to many users at once with volume activation.
- You will have control of a remote computer or virtual machine via a network connection with terminal services.
- With application telemetry, an automated tool that measures and collects data remotely, we can make useful analyses for decision making.
- Windows Rights Management Services (RMS) opening and querying of classified documents. This controlled access protects digital information from unauthorised use through integration with RMS for Windows Server.
Office Professional Plus 2021 (LTSC)
Essentials for businesses that need desktop Office applications for PCs, plus instant messaging and HD video conferencing.
Office Pro Plus 2021, in addition to all the features of the Standard version, includes:
- Classic versions of the Office applications installed on a PC or Mac: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Teams, Publisher (PC only) and Access (PC only).
- We can archive emails directly from Outlook (without .pst files) and configure retention policies that automatically archive or delete emails. IT administrators can centrally manage local archiving and Microsoft Purview eDiscovery. We will prevent the loss of confidential information through emails using Outlook Policy Tips and Microsoft Purview Data Loss Prevention. You can also examine spreadsheets for errors and inconsistencies using the Excel Query add-in and find audit trails with Spreadsheet Compare.
- The integration and manipulation of large volumes of data from different sources is simplified and we have the option to perform quick analysis with Power Pivot in Excel. We also have the ability to examine different slices and visualisations of data with a click on a pivot table or chart, and compile data and charts into a single interactive Power View.
- Digital information is further protected from unauthorised use through integration with Windows Rights Management Services (RMS) for Windows Server.
- Collaboration is enhanced and team productivity is improved with on-site mailboxes. We will have the ability to access project email in Exchange and documents in SharePoint, all from within Outlook, with access restricted to team members with the appropriate permissions.
System Requirements for Office Professional Plus 2021 and Office Standard 2021 (LTSC)
|Computer and Processor
|1.1 GHz or faster, 2-core
|4 GB RAM
|4 GB of available disk space
|1280 x 768 screen resolution (64-bit Office required for 4K and higher)
|Windows OS: Graphics hardware acceleration requires DirectX 9 or later, with WDDM 2.0 or higher for Windows 10 (or WDDM 1.3 or higher for Windows 10 Fall Creators Update).
|Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 10 LTSC 2021, Windows 10 LTSC 2019, Windows Server 2022, or Windows Server 2019.
|The current version of Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Safari, Chrome, or Firefox.
|Some features may require .NET 3.5 or 4.6 and higher to also be installed.
|Internet functionality requires an internet connection. Fees may apply.
|Office LTSC 2021 connections to Microsoft 365 services (for example, Exchange Online, SharePoint Online) are supported while Office LTSC 2021 is in mainstream support, through October 2026.
|A touch-enabled device is required to use any multitouch functionality, but all features and functionality are always available by using a keyboard, mouse, or other standard or accessible input device.
|Product functionality and graphics may vary based on your system configuration. Some features may require additional or advanced hardware or server connectivity.
|Cloud file management features require OneDrive, OneDrive for Business, or SharePoint.
|Microsoft account or organizational account required for license assignment.
|You should refer to the specific requirements for Microsoft Teams
Specific function requirements
|Integration with Skype for Business or Microsoft Teams requires connectivity to a supported version of Skype for Business or Microsoft Teams. See the Microsoft Support Lifecycle Policy site for supported versions of Skype for Business and Microsoft Teams.
|Some search functionality requires Windows Search.
|Certain advanced functionality may require connectivity to a supported version of Microsoft Exchange Server (or Exchange Online) or Microsoft SharePoint Server (or SharePoint Online). See the Microsoft Support Lifecycle Policy site for supported versions of Exchange Server and SharePoint Server.
|LinkedIn support requires a LinkedIn account.
|Speech recognition functionality requires a microphone.
|Read-aloud functionality requires an audio output device.
|Read-aloud functionality requires an audio output device.
|Dynamic calendars require server connectivity.
Buy Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2021 and Office Standard 2021 licenses at CHEAPFY
At CHEAPFY you can buy Microsoft Office Professional Plus and Standard 2021 licenses up to 70% cheaper. We sell 100% legal pre-owned licensing, which allows you to get the same software but at a much lower price.