It is clear that the computer market has been affected by COVID-19. Firstly, directly to production and demand, secondly, by creating supply chain and market disruptions, and finally, by its financial impact on companies and financial markets. As a result, the demand for refurbished hardware has been on the rise since the end of 2019.
For this reason, nowadays, the lack of computer chips inevitably leads to a lack of production of new IT equipment and considerable delays in its delivery. A notable consequence of this situation is the increase in demand, especially from businesses, for refurbished equipment.
Desktops, laptops, monitors… There are a large number of refurbished products available on the market. In fact, replacing new equipment with refurbished equipment has numerous advantages:
- Cost reduction. Actually, buying this type of hardware we will obtain a considerable cost reduction for a product with the same features and characteristics. Therefore, the quality-price ratio is much better than that of a new product.
- Time saving. Due to the aforementioned lack of chips, which is causing long delays in the delivery of computers, opting for reconditioned equipment would avoid this wait.
- Environment. There are numerous studies that show the amount of emissions caused by the production of new computer equipment, with the purchase of refurbished we collaborate with the care of the environment, which is very important for the CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) of companies.
Once we know the main benefits of buying refurbished hardware, we must consider the following: where to buy.
It is very important to know what to look out for and what to be sure of when buying refurbished equipment. This is particularly important for businesses, as they often purchase a considerable amount of equipment that they use on an almost daily basis and over a long period of time.
We will focus on three key points: The refurbishment process, Support and Warranty.
This is almost the most important part of the process, as it ensures that the equipment we are going to buy has been thoroughly checked, cleaned and that the replacement of parts has been done thoroughly.
At Software Licences, we are transparent about this process, taking into account the following points:
- Aesthetics: Visual, external and internal scanning of the equipment, replacement of defective parts and transfer to the paint booth.
- Cleaning: Use of compressed air machine for thorough cleaning of the inside of the device.
- Hardware and Software: Installation of original Windows 10/11Pro 100% legal with specific COA for refurbished, as well as specific software for testing both hardware and software. Keyboard and battery are also thoroughly tested at this point, discarding batteries that are below 80% of their useful life.
- Charging, cleaning and packaging: The equipment is tested one by one with its individual charger. Complete cleaning of the laptop (external, internal, touchpad, screen, keyboard and charger). Individual packaging of each laptop. If a battery charger is not charging the battery, it is checked with a multimeter to see if it is giving 19.5v and if this 19.5v is stable.
We must know what kind of support we are offered, especially when we acquire a large amount of equipment.
We stand out for having a 24h after-sales service; our equipment is fully guaranteed for one year (minus charger and battery to the considerable consumables), limited to the proper use of the equipment. Our commitment is that the after-sales service is always completed within 24h with the highest quality of the replaced elements.
In addition to the above:
- we help you by remote or on-site control in the configuration of any networking installation or servers.
- Bags of hours at your disposal to distribute them as you prefer in completely personalised services.
- Specialised in an integral turnkey service.
The normal warranty on reconditioned equipment is one year. In our case, this includes:
- Replacement of any part as long as the equipment has not been misused.
- Consumables, such as batteries and chargers, are excluded.
On the other hand, we offer you the possibility of a 2-year plus warranty:
- Replacement of any part within 24h
- We are the only ones to offer the possibility of a 2 year full warranty on all refurbished hardware.
In summary, pre-owned refurbished hardware offers significant advantages over new hardware, especially nowadays. The importance of the refurbished process, the support and the guarantee of who we buy it from.
Do you have any doubts about refurbished hardware or about the advantages of purchasing this type of equipment in Software Licences? Contact us!